Skip to main content

Fight Club


The Main Character is a man unfulfilled by his job and possessions. He posed as a sufferer of cancer in support groups to cure his insomnia. He is disturbed by a girl named Marla Singer who he met there everyday, so the two agree to attend at different days.
On a flight home from a trip, the man meets a soap salesman named Tyler Durden. The man returns home to find that his apartment and have been destroyed by an explosion and upset by the loss of his materialistic items. He calls Tyler, and they meet at a bar. In the parking lot, he asks the Man to hit him, and they begin a fistfight.
The Man moves into Tyler's home, a large house in an industrial area. They have further fights outside the bar, which attract growing crowds of men. They form Fight Club in the basement, which the club routinely meets for them to fight recreationally.
Marla telephones the Man for help but he ignores her, but Tyler goes to her apartment to save her. Tyler and Marla begin a relationship that iritates the man. Tyler warns the Man never to talk to Marla about him. The Man theb  blackmails his boss to support Fight Club and quits his job.
Fight Clubs begin to form across the country. Bob, a man with cancer who the Man had previously met in a support group also joined the club. Tyler recruits their members to a new anti-materialist organization called Project Mayhem without the Man involvement. The group engages in subversive acts of vandalism which troubling the Man. After the Man complains that Tyler has excluded him, Tyler leaves the house. The Man then realizes that Tyler caused the explosion at his apartment.
When Bob is killed by the police during a sabotage operation, the Man tries to halt the project. He follows a paper trail to cities Tyler has visited. Until a Project Mayhem member addresses the Man as "Mr. Durden." Confused. Filled with confusion the Man calls Marla and discovers that she also believes he is Tyler. Tyler appears in his hotel room and reveals that they are dissociated personalities in the same body; the Man become the personality of Tyler when he believed he was sleeping.
When he returns to the house, he uncovers Tyler's plans to erase debt by destroying buildings that contain credit card records. He attempts to disarm the explosives in one building, but Tyler stuned him. With Tyler holding him by gunpoint in the top floor, the Man realizes that, as he and Tyler are the same person, he is holding the gun. He fires it into his own mouth, which causes Tyler to collapse since he thinks he has committed suicide; the Man ceases mental projection of Tyler. Project Mayhem members bring a kidnapped Marla to the building. The Man and Marla watch as the explosives detonate and collapsing buildings around them.

                          The End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulation and Compliments dialog

Rafli: Hi, Long time no see. How are you doing? Farhan: I'm great! What about you? Rafli: I'm fine too. What are you doing here? Farhan: I actually want to meet my friend. But i coincidentally i meet you too Rafli: Oh wow thats great! Farhan: By the way, I heard that you won Badminton Competition last week. Is that true? Rafli: Yes that's true Farhan: Wow fantastic! You deserve it Rafli: Thank you very much my friend. And by the way what about you? Where are you studying now? Farhan: I am now studying Math in America, It's very easy Rafli: Oh wow! You're very smart. Which city do you live on? Farhan: I now live in Atlanta. Oh my friend is calling me! I got to go now Rafli: Ok see you soon Farhan: See you too

Okay it's me

       Hi!        My name is Farhan. I am 14 years old and i'm currently a 10 grader at Senior High School 3 Bandung. I was born in Bandung on October 28th 2004. I now live in my Grandparent's house at Durma road. I actually used to live in Jakarta since i was born but this year i moved to Bandung to continue my education for Senior High School.        My hobby is Cardistry which is the art of shuffling cards. other than that i also like to playing the Piano and watching Movies. I really like to eat especially when i'm hungry. My favourite food is Fried Rice.       All of my family are born in Bandung. My father is an employee for a paper chemical company named Amazon. While my mother is a food safety auditor. Both of my parents now live in my old house in Cibubur. I only have one sibling which is my older sister. She used to study at Senior Highschool 3 too but now she already graduated from college.       In the future i hope that i could graduate fron Senior Hi